Friday, May 1, 2009

Jessi

I got the go-ahead from my aunt to post these announcements I created for my cousin. I won't tell you which one she chose to print and mail out, for those of you are lucky enough to know the Palmers (or be related to them like I am :D) so that there is some element of surprise when you get them in the mail.

I was eager to post them because I've had a few people who have seemed interested in offering me some design opportunities and thought I'd share a little bit more of my work...which before now only consisted of our wedding announcement and mock magazine on our blog. Jessi wanted her announcement in green, purple and brown and not "too girly". The "not too girly" part was interesting for me to deal with because, for those who know me, I'm about as girly as they come and love anything in pink, and adorned in sparkles and curly-cues. :D It was a good experience for me though, and allowed me to focus on the person I was creating the announcement for and their interests and preferences. Overall, I think they turned out pretty good. I'd like to give a shout-out to Jessi and a congrats on graduating from highschool! Way to go, and thanks for letting me be a part of it!

P.S. Some of you may be wondering if Brad is okay...or even alive. The last two posts have been, perhaps selfishly, about me. In response to your concern, I'm pleased to announce that he is alive and well. (Amazing seeing how he has to live with me, right?) He just finished up the semester at UVU and is planning on taking some classes this summer. He's been working hard at work in preparation for Alpine School District's end of year online testing, so that's been keeping him pretty busy...but hasn't cut in to his fishing time to much. We've been on multiple fishing trips over the past couple of months, and he's been enjoying that as a nice break. So far out of the two of us, he's had 2 fish plus a couple of bites to my 0 zero fish and 0 bites. I'll post some pics soon....
















3 comments:

The Blacks said...

Love them!!! I think I will hire you to do my baby announcements. We find out in two weeks!

The Blacks said...

Oh I don't know. Boys I know what I am doing and girls are pretty dramatic. So I wouldn't say I am hoping for a girl, but it dosen't really matter. Daver really wants a girl. I think it is a boy, but i will probably be wrong (I was with Chandler).

Anonymous said...

these look really good! i like the yellow and brown one the best... just because i love yellow and brown. =)