Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Hobby/New Job

Just when I thought all of the fish in Utah were gay (because they wouldn't take my bait after 6 seperate fishing trips and not even a bite), they totally go and redeem themselves! Okay, maybe the word "redemption" is a little generous, I'm still a little skeptical. But hey catching a fish is catching a fish, no matter the size right? Brad and I have re-discovered our liking to fishing. During the winter my dad was kind enough to take us ice fishing a few times, and now that the weather is nice we love to go out shore fishing. It's nice to get away from everyday life and hit up the banks of the lakes. So far this year we have been to Deer Creek a few times, Otter Creek, Strawberry, and Tibble Fork. The fishing so far this year, at least for us, has been kind of slow. Brad caught a couple fish at Otter Creek, and one at both Deer Creek and Tibble Fork. I didn't catch any until our most recent trip last night, which was to Tibble Fork. I was just beginning to loose all interest in fishing, and then...as if it were a sign, my first fish of the season finally sucked it up and took my bait. Thank you, Mr. Fish! I was becoming frustrated because I don't even want to eat them...I'll let them go after a quick snap shot with the camera....infact, I'd be willing to give them all of the Power Bait they want while on shore, straight from the bottle--no hook, before releasing them back to their home! That's how generous I am to these fish...appparently they don't trust me a whole lot. Anyways, pictures can be found below of our trips.

In other news, I finally have a new job lined up to start on May 20th, and I am incredibly excited! I have been at my current job with Work Care for 3.5 years, and am starting to really burn out. I fear I don't have too many "do you have picture ID's?" left in me after this long, and it's time to move on. I will be working with IHC doing Insurance Verification at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo. I'm really excited for this new experience, and they will provide me with tuition assistance for my graphic design program which is always a bonus!

Couldn't resist taking a picture of the pretty mountains and Tibble Fork:























These next two are my fish I caught at Tibble Fork. I told you they were HUGE :p They probably totaled 10 inches put together. I felt like a kid at a fish farm....but hey, whatever it takes to keep my faith in fishing, right?

























These are a couple of Brad's fish he caught this year. The top fish currently resides at Deer Creek while the one you need a microscope to see in the bottom picture is from Tibble Fork....it's a Brook Trout.


5 comments:

The Blacks said...

So where is Tibble Fork? And why are you not just casting and reeling like the good old days at Panquich Lake?

The Blacks said...

Holy Crap your hair is getting really long! Love it.

Anonymous said...

awesome! i haven't been fishing for a long time. that is cool you found a new job, especially since they will pay for your graphic design schooling. i will go back someday, either for that or web design, it's all fun. sweet pink fishing rod btw!!

lana said...

WOW! Did ya catch"um with your snoopy pole?

Ryan.Robyn said...

we have the same sweet fishing pole. :)