Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Heart Cupcakes

Lately I have been on a cupcake kick, and I'm not talking appetite-craving wise, but more-so creating/baking-wise. There is something so delicate and simple about cupcakes that I just love, and I have been on a decorating extravaganza since Brad's family gave me a huge set of icing tips and pastry bags for my birthday. I'm still pretty amateur, but have been having a blast trying new things out.

This is my first cupcake decorating experience with my new gadgets. I decided to make some "thank you" cupcakes and take to my in-laws since they were the ones to provide me with all this good stuff that I have been having so much fun with.And this is today's, a two-toned frosting experiment that turned out great. Aren't they fun? Although next time I think I'll heighten the contrast & value of the two icing colors for more of a distinction. I also flavored this icing with an amaretto flavoring, and it was delicious.

Next on my cupcake decorating agenda, a mother's day project. I'm super excited.

1 comment:

Clayton & Kim said...

BRing me those cupcakes now!