Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blanding Trip


These people are my wonderful aunt and uncle who were kind enough to let us venture down to their home in Blanding and spend the weekend with them. We had a blast, as always with these people, and it was hard to come home so soon. My uncle Clayton's family has a beautiful ranch just outside of Blanding where we kicked the weekend off by meeting them Friday evening for dinner on our way down. We were served fajitias that were cooked over the fire (delicious!), rode 4 wheelers in the mountain, & just hung out and caught up.
Saturday morning we woke up to Clayton's amazing French Muffin Buns (I'm not sure if that's the exact name...I'm pretty sure "Muffin" and "buns" are contained in the name...all I know is that they were incredibly yummy and I know many of my cousins are gonna be jealous that they missed out as it's a family favorite :0)
Kim, Clayton, Jessi, Kyle, & Brad and I (Dany had some crazy shifts at work this weekend so she couldn't join us) then went galavanting out east of Blanding and explored & hiked around some ruins at Cave Towers & then headed over to Texas Flat and the Arch Canyon (?) Overlook where we had a picnic lunch. To think these ruins were built by Indians even before Christ was on Earth, and they are still standing today, is absolutely mind boggling.
(Can you believe it?! It's a photo of us! We do exist! It's been so long since I've had any photos of us to post...)

On the way home we hit up a spot to do some shooting, then went back to their home where we BBQ'd burgers, played Rockband & Wii ( I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Between singing to the Beatles on Rockband so Kim could give a shot at the drums ---I don't sing. Ever.--And Kim's continuous "bubbling" in Mario Brothers, we had a lot of laughter happening)

We had such a fun time hanging out with the family & appreciate them housing & entertaining us all weekend!

Of course I have to finish this post up with a photo of Zuma. She is my cousin's Great Dane and she is hilarious. She is scared of everything, wild as heck, and cute cute cute. They've had her for about a year and Brad and I have been dying to meet her, so naturally I had to get a photo of her.

No comments: