Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mod Podge Madness



Have any of you used this magical potion before? If not, you definitely should. It's awesome. I know this stuff has been around for years, but I've never really used it until now. (With the exception of some jewelry my mom and I made from washers a few months back). This stuff is so cool, and apparently there are so many things you can do with it, including covering shoes in fabric and then applying Mod Podge.....this is next to do on my Mod Podge adventure list. I decided to take it a bit easier for one of my first projects and covered a note book for work. I've also noticed the other day that my cubicle is the only in my department that doesn't have cute stuff sitting on top of the cabinets....what is up with that?! That does not sound like me....so I decided I'd make a few things to take back with me on Monday. I decided to make some photo frames.

I just bought some flat glass frames that hold 4x6 photos at Honk's for $1.00 a piece, and covered them with scrapbook paper I found at the Roberts Craft Outlet (beware of that place....it's often times tempted me into trouble). So overall each frame cost just over a dollar to make, and it was incredibly easy. I know this isn't a craft that's new to the crafting world, but I enjoyed doing it and wanted to share. With all the cute scrapbook paper out there you could make millions of these. Pics below.









3 comments:

The Blacks said...

I love mod podge! i have some crafts for the holidays that I want to post. I used the podge on all of them. It is also great for kiddy crafts.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, I love this post! You rock.

Kara and Ty said...

I know this is way late on the post but I love what you did with the mod podge, I am a huge fan I use it with everything :)