Thursday, April 15, 2010

Moab Jeep (uh..Toyota) Safari

First off, please ignore the fact that this post looks like a link, and when you click on it it takes you to "signature making" website. I used a signature in one of my previous posts and have some how managed to screw this post up with it. Frankly, I'm too tired to care.

Second, it's hard to believe our trip to Moab was two weeks ago now, and I am just getting around to posting. Obviously work and school keeps me pretty busy. We had such a blast this year, and are anxiously waiting to return sometime soon to play around some more. One highlight of our trip was winning a rock slider set for a jeep at the raffle that Red Rock 4 Wheelers holds during the Safari, and since we drive Toyotas we had no use for them, threw them on KSL and the next day made $350! So not only did we get to enjoy a weekend in Moab, we made money while doing it! (Discrete plug: My parent's also won some jeep gear at the raffle, a jeep bumper & winch kit. They, too, drive a Toyota so if you know someone looking for such things, let me know as they are trying to sell their winnings as well).

Friday we hit the trail called Fins N Things and had a lot of fun (aside from being in a very large group of 45 vehicles). It was somewhat challenging, but not-pee-your-pants-while-crying challenging. So that was good. Saturday was a bit more on the frustrating side, but more so because of our guide rather than the trail itself. He had us lost for 2 hrs before finding the trail....and when he did find the trail, it was the end rather than the beginning. We were very frustrated (along with most others in our group) and decided to venture off on our own after a little while. While doing so we made a trip at Potato Salad to check out the trash....I mean, people, and their vehicles. (Seriously, talk about hillbilly-wife beater wearing-while sitting in the back of a truck bed on a sofa-all while drinking beer- type of people-heaven. I had to take a photos of that. See below. Can you see the couch in the bed of the blue truck? Oh yeah..that's what I'm talking about.)



Our frustrating morning, turned out to be a good day though overall. (Perhaps the above scene set the stage and allowed for that to happen) :0) Brad was also able to get me behind the wheel of the 4Runner and we went back to Fins N Things where I did some driving. That's right, me behind the wheel of a large vehicle on slick rock and steep inclines. Scary, huh? I had so much fun though and if I don't say so myself, I did pretty darn good. (My mom has some photos of this for proof, I'll have to get them from her).
Below are some more photos of our trip. We had a blast, lots of laughs, and are anxiously looking forward to our next trip to try out some new trails.











No comments: