Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Typography Portrait

Okay, I was pretty excited about this project in typography, it's not an uncommon project for design students to be assigned, but I was excited at how well this turned out so I thought I'd post it here as well as Purple Paisley. Everything in this self-portrait is made from the word "erica" (unique. yes, I know.) either big or small. (There are a couple exceptions to add emphasis, but are made from type characters). I thought it was pretty sweet and amazingly it actually did end up looking like me.


In other news, I noticed it's been a long time since I did any posts about our lives. Probably because as of right now there isn't much to them other than work and school. (Yup, it's that time of year again...which it always seems to be). We are busy but are doing well and are looking forward to our trip to Moab in April for the Jeep Safari with my parents. Actually...we are REALLY looking forward to that, its probably the greatest motivation to get us through the next couple months. A break will be nice. Real nice. Brad and I have a tripped planned over Valentines/President's Day weekend in February but still have not decided on a place to go. Perhaps St. George. Anywhere will be nice though, that's for sure. It seems like forever since we've been able to "get away" and I know it's something we both need right about now. Anyways, I hope to have some photos or something decent to post of Brad and I in the next little while...I can't believe I haven't put photos up in so long, that's gotta be a sign to get out and have some fun!




2 comments:

Amy Rau said...

Awesome! You did a really good job!!

Clayton & Kim said...

Hey I like that pic! Do you have more? Love to see them...pplleeaaaseee. To bad about your trip to Moab in April..I hear its going to be snowing those days. Guess you'll have to resort to coming to the Palmers..