Thursday, January 14, 2010

I LoVe Cake

My love for cake probably first started with a love for carbs. Then came the love for frosting. Rich, creamy, buttercream. Mmmmm.....And then, as I got older I began to realize that not only did cake TASTE delicious, cake can be really beautiful as far as design/decorating goes. This discovery of course only increased my love for cake.

Seriously, there are so many amazing cakes out there, and that's exactly why as part of my New Years Resolution of following through with what I sometimes refer to as my "big ideas" (sarcastically speaking in a way of not having time to do any of these ideas, but I like to talk about them, and dream about them, and then never do them) I am going to enroll this cake-loving,frosting adoring girl into a cake decorating class this year. Not sure when, perhaps during the summer since my last class I need to graduate is only going to be offered in the fall and I'll have all summer long to work on my "big ideas". And to be honest, I can hardly wait! Check out these cakes below that I found in a few short minutes....I could search for cakes all day and never get bored...interesting enough, I could probably also eat cake all day long and never get bored. :0)



Peacock cake. Not so sure I love all the feathers that are acting as a "tier" in the center of the cake (it almost looks more grungy than elegant...which is what I envision with peacock feathers) but definitely love the feathers that have been piped onto the cake.


Simple Modern & Geometric cakes:


(photo from: mysweetandsaucy.com) (photo from: soontobekoo.blogspot.com)


Of course, Damask cakes. I love damask, and apparently so does everyone else because it is everywhere now.


(photo from: sarahlambersky.wordpress.com) (photo from: maidavaleinvitations.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

Clayton & Kim said...

I get to be the taste tester..