Friday, September 10, 2010

Meet Charlie!


Brad and I have found ourselves quiet busy this week. In fact, probably a lot busier than we had initially anticipated. We finally got to bring Charlie home, and he's been keeping us on our toes! We were suppose to pick Charlie up today, but I got a text from the owner of the puppies on Monday saying the puppies' mom had been hit by a car and killed that day, and so she had no need to keep the puppies clear until the weekend, at which time they'd be 6 weeks old.

So Brad and I headed up to Peoa Tuesday evening and picked our little guy out. As soon as I this one little puppy come out from the room they were being kept in, and was told he was a boy, I knew he was the one I wanted to bring home. Luckily, Brad felt the same. He had longer fur with some wave to it and an irresistible face, and that was that, he was coming home with us!

Charlie loves to nibble on toes, play tug a war, and especially sleep. Really. He sleeps a LOT....but I guess thats what growing puppies do, right? He almost refuses to wake up from his naps, and does a pig-like grunting noise when you insist on waking him. He has a cute little run and enjoys running after us (and towards random people walking down the sidewalk outside our house). He is not quite coordinated yet, and so much of his movements are spastic, rigid, or just simply goofy like. He makes us laugh. A lot. We are in the process of potty-training (not as much a laughing matter as some of the other things we get to do with him)...and he has caught onto the fact that after he goes potty he gets a treat, and instantly runs to you as if to say "okay, I did a good job. where's my treat!?"

Here are some(okay, a lot of) pics of our new lil guy. While we've only had him 3 days, and 3 almost sleepless nights, we already love his stinkin guts and cute teddy bear face.


Rough Life:
First Bath: (not what he would call the highlight of his life thus far, I dont think..he shivered for hours afterwards)
Sleepy Lil' Guy:

He loves to sleep in weird ways. This pic is not upside down. Charlie is.

Pooped from playing Tug-a-War:

Charlie and his puppy: (I expected Charlie to be bigger when we got him than he is)

Making himself at home:

Did I mention he's a tough guy?

No comments: