Monday, July 26, 2010

Moab: Trip #2

This post has been a long time coming! I have been lucky enough to be very busy designing quite a few wedding announcements for people with my little design "business" in the past month or two that it has required this blog take a backseat for a while, but that doesn't mean the action and adventures we tend to find ever stopped!

Back in June Brad and I teamed up with my parents for yet another trip to Moab to do some off-roading. We absolutely love being out in the red dirt rumaging around on rocky trails. For this trip we choose to do two trails, Poison Spider Mesa & Metal Masher. They were right up our alley with just enough difficulty to keep things exciting and allow for the "pucker factor" here and there. I even did some of the driving myself!

Aside from the trails we had a lot of fun in our spare time, we even discovered a new game called "Farkle", a dice game, and I'm pretty sure we had just as much, if not more, using the name in sentences than we did with the actual game itself. (Side note: using the word Farkle in sentences has nothing to do with the game....it's just such a fun word to use & we used it in almost every way imaginable). If you have never played this game I highly suggest that you spend the $10 and treat yourself. I don't think any of us had laughed that hard in a LONG time.

On our way home we hit up Arches National Park and spent some time checking out the arches and scenery. Brad and I were a little disturbed that as we were in route to the Devil's Garden in Arches our 0dometer hit 166,666. A little ironic????

And of course, what would a trip down to south-eastern Utah be without a stop at our favorite restaurant, Ray's Tavern. Mmmm, delicious! We had such a great trip and are already getting antsy to return and do it all over again.

Addendum: A friendly commentor has reminded me that I failed to mention that while on this trip we got to have dinner with our favorite Blanding people....how I forgot this, I do not know. Never a dull moment with those folk! :0)


















1 comment:

Clayton & Kim said...

You forgot the best part of your trip... uhhh that would be dinner with the Palmers... Geeze...