Saturday, July 4, 2009

One Year Ago Today





Yup, thats right, ONE YEAR AGO to the day I was proudly showing off a sparkly diamond ring from my sweetie. I remember thinking that if Brad were to propose to me that day he would act weird, nervous, or a little different throughout the day. But infact, he was just the opposite, nothing out of the ordinary while at the BBQ his family had at their house. And to be honest, that ticked me off a little bit because I was almost certain that this weekend would be the time he'd do it & the fact that nothing seemed out of the ordinary was extremely disappointing. But that all changed as we headed up Rock Canyon to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks later that evening and he fidgeted around a little and was acting a bit suspicious....especially after pulling a hoodie out of his backpack he'd carried up with us....and it was at least 85 degrees as we waited for the sun to go down and the fireworks to start. Not long after Brad turned to me, pulled out the ring and said "lets get married" (I found the ring had been hidden in the hoodie) and I almost knocked the ring and the ring box out of his hand as I swung my arms around him to give him the biggest hug he's probably ever had. So, this day a year ago was a very exciting day for Brad & I and had been a long time coming. I can't believe it's been a year already....I guess time flies when you're having fun, right?

2 comments:

Amy Rau said...

I think that's the first time I've really heard the details of the proposal...cute!

Clayton & Kim said...

Congrads! You know I think your both awesome! And you should come visit me and spread that awesomeness this o-way...