Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ice Fishing


Over Christmas break weekend, my dad took us ice fishing up at Scofield Resevior. Neither Brad and I or my mom had ever been before, and were kind of excited to give it a try. We were suppose to meet my parents in Spanish Fork at 6:30am, meaning we'd have to wake up a little after 5:00 to get ready...needless to say, some of us were more excited than others. Brad woke up at 4:00am, tossing and turing, finally getting out of bed at quarter to 5:00 because he was so excited to go ice fishing. I couldn't help but laugh, he reminded me of a little kid who couldn't sleep waiting for Santa to arrive. (Only, he wasnt even THAT excited on Christmas itself, and this was just a fishing trip).

We headed to Scofield, which was a lot longer of a drive than any of us remembered it being, and set foot on the ice. It was freezing, especially with a cold crips wind blowing around. There were a lot more people than I had anticipated, and ice tents were set up almost mimicing little cities on the ice. My dad got a new tent last year that he was unable to use because Gary Coleman plowed into our truck making it so my dad couldnt take it fishing, so this year my mom and I got to have the pleasure of watching him put it up for the first time on the ice, with the help of Brad. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and we were almost rolling in the snow laughing. They struggled and struggled with the tent, it folding in over the heads, and my mom's reply was "That tent is kicking your butt!" It truly was, and I thought I was going to die.

Once the tent was up we settled in for a good 2 hours or so of fishing, with not so much as a nibble from any fish the whole time. My mom and I had plenty of jokes about "ice holes" (yeah...we're mature) to keep us all entertained as we waited for the fish to bite, with no luck. Nevertheless, we had a great day enjoying each others company and a few laughs. Here are a few pics from our trip:






















2 comments:

Clayton & Kim said...

FUN! I think you and your mom were lucky those guys didn't kick you both in the "ice hole"!!! lol.... Sorry I couldn't resist! Did you see any polar bears?

Brandt Lovell said...

that sounds like a wicked good time. I really want to go now! :)
stay happy, you 2 look fantastic together!